WHO IS CSP OR BANK MITRA OR BC?
CSP refers to “customer service point” which is also termed as Bank Mitra. This concept was introduced under PPP (Public Private Partnership) where Bank Mitra or CSP or Business correspondence work as an agent or representative of the bank. They are appointed to provide banking services like account opening, cash deposit, cash withdrawal etc. They help villagers in a banking transaction.
IS THERE ANY SALARY FOR THE BANK MITRA?
Yes, all the bank Mitra will get a fixed salary between INR 2000 to INR 5000 irrespective of the bank or branch. Apart from this he/she will get the commission from the bank on various banking services like for opening the new account, loan application etc. Under the scheme of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Bank Mitra can get a loan of INR1.25 Lakh including INR50000 for the vehicle, INR 50000 for tools and INR25000 for working.
WHO CAN BECOME CSP AGENT?
Any firm, organization, and individual can become CSP agent. They can be NGOs under societies or trust act.Post officeRegistered bank employeeRetired government officerEx-servicemenAgents of small saving schemes or insurance companyIndividual Kirana/ medical or fair price shopMicrofinance institutionVillage knowledge centreKrishi Vigyan KendraPanchayatSelf-help groups linked to NBFCsOnly those individuals are not permitted by bank those who are operating common service centers as BC.
HOW TO GET AN APPOINTMENT FOR BC?
The Individual must be a permanent resident of the area in which he/she willing to operate. They should be well established and should have the ability to invest in POS machine and other set up. In case of individual minimum education, qualification is xth pass. A credit check will be conducted and RCU verification is done. A suitable amount of security deposit or bank guarantee is asked by the banks depending on the business volume.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT FOR CSP?
- A computer or laptop
- Must have internet connectivity via modem, broadband or dongle.
- Printer along with scanner
- Office space minimum area 100 sq. ft.
WHAT WILL BE MY RESPONSIBILITY AS BC?
Creating awareness about banking products like saving account, FD, loan etc.
- Giving advice to villager how to save money and how to manage loans.
- Responsibility to identify potential customer.
- KYC verification of customer.
- Filling of application and other banking formalities.
- Opening no frill account and other accounts from time to time.
- Collection and payment of the small amount of deposits like minimum amount nil and maximum amount INR2000 per transaction.
- Small value remittance service.
- Cross-selling of other financial products like insurance, pension etc
HOW TO BECOME CSP AGENT?
To become CSP agent, you can apply online through our website. Select the applied bank and fill the required details. We will forward your application to operation department for verification and validation. Once the validation is done, we will notify you by email, SMS or call.
After processing application, you will receive code and ID number.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BECOME BC?
- Application form
- ID proof (Pan Card, Aadhar, Driving Licensee, Election card, Passport or any ID issued by public authority)
- Residential Proof (electricity bill, telephone bill, Ration card, Aadhar Card, Voter Id)
- Education Proof (10th pass certificate or mark sheet)
- Character Certificate (Police verification)
- Cancelled cheque or passbook copy
- 2 passport size photos
WHAT IS THE ACTIVATION PROCESS?
The application form and registration can be done online. Bank CSP code will be received within a week. BC entry and terminal mapping will be done by the bank official. You will get the welcome kit and training will be provided. The whole process takes around 15-20 days.